Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chiranjeev
Explorer

installing single rule on multiple gateways

Hi All,

Could you please help me on this ?

i have 1 management server R77.30 , and several SMBs (1400) appliances. R77.20.80

i need to allow an smnp agent source in each SMNP rule which is already created in several Gateway's respective policy packages.

source : A (needs to be added to SMNP agent group which is same globally )

Destination : respective gateways.

is there any way in which i don't have to open the respective policy package and push change on each gateway to add the SNMP agent.

can i just add the new IP in the previously made SNMP group and somehow push the policy on all the gateways rather than sitting ideal to finish installation on one gateway and then move to other policy package to make changes as the smart dashboard doesn't let you go to another policy package unless installation on one gateway is completed.

we have 21 new SMBs , if one takes 5 mins, whole night get lost in creating one rule across the environment. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can push a given policy package to multiple gateways.
If each gateway has a different policy package, I'm afraid, you have to push them one by one.
However, this could be scripted from the CLI using the fwm load command.
See: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R77/CP_R77_SecurityManagement_WebAdminGuide/html_frameset.htm
0 Kudos
chiranjeev
Explorer

thank you. I'll look into it.
0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Are you on MDS with multiple CMAs, or single SMS ?

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
chiranjeev
Explorer

A single SMS managing 21 1400 appliances by individual policy package.

so it becomes a pain when we push same type of policy for ex. allowing DNS to 8.8.8.8 on all the gateways and one day when we need to need to allow it to 9.9.9.9 also in same rule on all the gateways. it takes overnight installing the policy.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events