cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
higuera10
Explorer

configuration of o365 in Checkpoint

hi friends,

I am writing to consult a couple of questions related to the configuration of o365 in Checkpoint. I have two computers with Gateway in (R80.10) and in (R77.30), we would like to know your recommendation when creating a rule that allows O365 services The current rules we have for this are static and every time Microsoft makes any changes to the IPS we need to update those rules, which is impossible to keep up to date. I have seen that from version 80.20 on gateways, the use of dynamic objects is allowed, which would solve this problem, but until then we need to know if there is an alternative and how to implement it

0 Kudos
5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The best option you might have is to upgrade to R80.20 or above and use updatable objects for Office 365.

Before that, look into this: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Policy-Management/O365-access-filtering-in-R80-10/m-p/13374#M119...

On R77.30. using domain objects breaks acceleration, so please do not go this way, unless you are on R80.10

0 Kudos
higuera10
Explorer

Good afternoon, we have reviewed that perhaps it can be done through the control of applications, but in versions R77 or R80.10 I do not know if it is updated through the Checkpoint Cloud, all for the idea of ​​not having to constantly update the policies because of the update of ip of the distributors like microsoft.
Could you confirm it and what would be the method to follow?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
cdooer
Participant

What I don't understand, is why can't Checkpoint use the same methodology it uses with updateable objects in the security policy, and apply it to split tunneling? Seems like the very same concept, and would be very helpful
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

May I ask, what are you trying to say? Cannot see any connection to this specific post.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There is a script that automates updating the encryption domain referred to here: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/SecureKnowledge/Tip-of-the-Week-Split-Tunnel-for-Office-365-or-o...
I suspect in a future release we'll support Dynamic Objects or similar.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events