Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmidDjahanpour
Explorer
Jump to solution

SmartConsole R80.20 Undo Changes Without Discarding

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum, and I had a rather simple question. I'm still learning my way around R80.20, and I was hoping someone could help me figure out this simple request.

Is there an easy way to undo change(s) that were done to let's say the rulebase without having to discard the entire session and start again?

For example, you accidently delete the wrong rule in the rulebase and rather than discarding the entire session, you perform an "undo" function similar to CTRL + Z. I already have the session pane enabled from the Check Point Labs, but aside from it telling me what change I've made, it doesn't allow me to undo a certain change.

I've had a few cases where I've made several changes, and had to discard the session due to some changes which I later discovered might cause issues. I understand that I could reverse the action via recreating what was done and tracked by the session pane, but I guess this is more of a convenience that I'm looking for.

Thanks for reading. Your assistance is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi

A simple "undo" for a specific change within a session is not possible.

In R80.40 you will have the option to Revert to Revision (Revert to a previous management revision and continue working from that point), so you will be able to create (publish) smaller revisions more frequently and revert or discard just the latest changes if needed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi

A simple "undo" for a specific change within a session is not possible.

In R80.40 you will have the option to Revert to Revision (Revert to a previous management revision and continue working from that point), so you will be able to create (publish) smaller revisions more frequently and revert or discard just the latest changes if needed.

0 Kudos
OmidDjahanpour
Explorer
Hello Tal_Paz-Fridman,

Thanks for your feedback.

Not an issue, as mentioned more of a convenience. I can live with the way it's currently working.

Thank you.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events