Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Deutmeyer
Collaborator

R80+ - Do Not Set Policy Installation Targets

Prior to R80, it was possible to create a new policy without setting a policy installation target. That was great for staging new policies before the gateway was setup.  In R80/R80.10, this is no longer possible.

Anything imported from R77.x was allowed to have no install targets...

When will the feature come back?  It has been extremely useful.  Right now, we have build a dummy gateway, which consumes a license in 3rd party tools and also causes alerts from our policy install automation due to the install of this policy failing.

7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's a good find, and see why it's useful.

Anat Eytan-Davidi‌?

Anat_Eytan-Davi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Thank you Brian for highlighting it for us and adding the explanation why it is required, we will add it to our plans and update you once it is released.

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

I have often used this feature as a partner during migrations to avoid that end users apply changes in the middle of the migration process (policy freeze). So I'm interested in this feature as well.

0 Kudos
Steve_Payne
Participant

You can use a group with no members.

Anat_Eytan-Davi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Functionally was modified and integrated into R80.40, you will be able to create a new policy without setting an installation target.

We are also working to integrate it into one of the upcoming JHFs, I will update this thread once it is released.

Michael_McDuffi
Employee
Employee

Hi Anat,

Were you able to confirm this feature integration into a specific JHF, and for each version of R80.x?

0 Kudos
Anat_Eytan-Davi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Michael

• R80.10 - JHF Take 259
  • R80.20 - JHF Take 117
  • R80.30 - JHF Take 76

BR,

Anat.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events