Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lloyd_Barnett
Contributor

R80 Console in 64-bit?

Is the plan or are there plans to create the console suite for R80 (and iterations going forward) to be built in 64-bit to leverage higher memory addresses on laptops/desktops with lots of memory and want to have tons of windows/console applications open  -and will this be NGSE or both?

Any reasons why there shouldn't a reason to be moving to 64-bit?

Alan Stanwyck: "If you reject the proposition, you keep the thousand – and your mouth shut."
Fletch: "Does this proposition entail my dressing up as Little Bo Peep?"
Alan Stanwyck: "It’s nothing of a sexual nature, I assure you."
Fletch: "Yeah, I assure you."
Alan Stanwyck: "One thousand just to listen. I don’t see how you can pass that up, Mister…?"
Fletch: "Nugent. Ted Nugent."
5 Replies
Alexander_Wilke
Advisor

Hi,

in general I would like to see a 64bit Console, too but I don't think there is so much need for it because as far as I know most processing should be done on Management Server and the Console is more or less just a "viewer".

Regards

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You are correct.

In SmartConsole, a lot of processing is actually done on the client, so it would benefit greatly from 64-bit mode.

In R80+ a lot of this moved to the Security Management server, which does leverage 64-bit.

Lloyd_Barnett
Contributor

meant to say thanks Dameon -understood: as you move to more of a "browser" as a console, as-opposed to the (clunky, cumbersome, bulky) smartconsole that could get a bit slow-ish when cranking up...

thanks!

Alan Stanwyck: "If you reject the proposition, you keep the thousand – and your mouth shut."
Fletch: "Does this proposition entail my dressing up as Little Bo Peep?"
Alan Stanwyck: "It’s nothing of a sexual nature, I assure you."
Fletch: "Yeah, I assure you."
Alan Stanwyck: "One thousand just to listen. I don’t see how you can pass that up, Mister…?"
Fletch: "Nugent. Ted Nugent."
0 Kudos
Alexander_Wilke
Advisor

Hi,

R80.20 is released I there is still a SmartConsole and I think there is still much done on the client so that a 64bit console would be benefical - or like Lloyd Barnett‌ suggested to make it more browser like or happen within a browser completely.

Any news or plans?

Regards

0 Kudos
Gomboragchaa
Advisor

Nowadays, all network products has a web based console(html5). I hope CheckPoint developing a completely web based console like a smart-event.

Maybe R80.30 will be fully web browser management. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events