Management General Management Topics Logging and Reporting Multi-Domain Management Policy Management
- Local User Groups
AI & Machine Learning
I would like to report R80.20 SmartConsole crash which is 100% reproducible in my LAB. I have deployed R80.20 MDS with 4 CMAs. Whole content of MDS has been migrated from MDS R77.30 to the R80.20 MDS.
1. Connect to the R80.20 MDS Domain.
2. Once in MDS Domain, right click on any of Domains and select View...
3. Hover over Domain name once new window will pop-up and select Where Used...
4. Boom !
Would be great if someone can reproduce above mentioned steps if he/she get the same result.
Thank you for this feedback.
In case SmartConsole crashes (should be significantly less frequent than R77 by the way - if I'm wrong, I want to be corrected!), the crash report automatically gets sent to Check Point's cloud service in case the user has an Internet connection. The information remains anonymous - just the details of the software crash. So if your SmartConsole had an outside Internet connection, the report should have been sent to us anyway. But I think that you said that you don't have Internet access from that endpoint.
Our bug tracking system is https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com - we cannot use CheckMates for reporting on support issues. This is because the process of fixing things involves:
- getting more details from the customer, things like his environment details, which license he has, and sometimes other aspects to correlate with his problem.
- allocating time from our support and R&D resources
- signaling the issue as fixed / known limitation of one version
- writing an SK with the solution - which can either be "fixed in jumbo hotfix xxx" or "run these steps manually"
- ensuring the fix gets released as a software update for all customers
It is more effective to report on problems through Check Point Support. Please continue to do so. If you want to discuss the Check Point Support process, you can discuss that in CheckMates.
Hi Tomer Sole,
Thank you for your response.
I know how to report bugs, but the case is that I am testing this new SmartConsole and R80.20 from my home LAB which doesnt have Internet access (no support at all from UC).
This bug which I mentioned in this thread can be simulated by anyone. I dont believe that it is specific for my environment, thats the reason why I asked guys here to reproduce it and confirm my assumption. IMHO it is the best if someone who programmed the SmartConsole can do it on his own and gather significantly more information that are provided in that crash report. It will speed up resolution very fast.