cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheusy_Yang
Participant
Jump to solution

R80.10 "where used" on legacy user groups does not display results

Hello, I'm experiencing issues trying to use the "where used" feature for legacy user groups.  This is on R80.10 which we upgraded from R77.30.  It does not return any results though. Used to work on R77.30.  See image below:

I know the user group is used in our access control policy.  See image below:

I'm told by checkpoint support it's because the legacy user group is appending the "@any" for the client auth rule and can't find it. Using object explorer sort of works, but if the group is used in multiple policies, it creates duplicate search results and does not correlate the results into one, but multiple results.  See images below:

Anyone come across this issue or found a fix?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, this is fixed in R80.20.M1 and is a candidate for fixing in the next builds of R80.10.

We will edit the SK with the updated information.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, this is a limitation of R80 and above. At the moment we cannot commit on whether this gets changed. May I ask what are the reasons that prevented you from migrating to the Access Role objects?

0 Kudos
Cheusy_Yang
Participant

Migrating to access role objects will take a lot of man hours as we have many old legacy user groups and client auth rules.  I'd like to stay away unless it's absolutely necessary.  Maybe there's a way to effectively achieve this through a web api script, but i haven't worked too much with the new web api, so i don't know if this is possible.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

no official API for legacy user access at the moment unfortunately. ease of migration is a good point.

Cheusy_Yang
Participant

Apparently this is a smart console issue.  If this could get applied to future releases, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Fix is below:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, this is fixed in R80.20.M1 and is a candidate for fixing in the next builds of R80.10.

We will edit the SK with the updated information.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events