Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatrickSpousta
Participant
Jump to solution

Problem to install EA R80.30 SmartConsole

Hello community

I wanted to play a little bit with EA version of CheckPoint software. On Virtual Machine I was able to upgrade Security Management Server from R80.20 to R80.30 without any problem. Then I tried to install appropriate SmartConsole application on Windows 7 but  it fails. I tried that two times.

Log file shows several errors like

- can't delete old values from registry

- could not calculate size of component

- The File : C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartConsoleSetupFile\setup.exe not found

and other messages. I'm directly running the installer Check_Point_R80.30EA_T155_SmartConsole_Windows.exe as usual

Does anybody has same experience and was able to find a way how to install this version of SmartConsole app?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PatrickSpousta
Participant

Hello all

problem with SmartConsole installation is not limited to R80.30 only but same behavior I have also for R80.10 and R80.20.

The installation stops on machine with install McAfee antivirus with Threat Prevension enabled. Security scan of the installer file takes some time and installer itself most probably does not get access to the file "in time". I'd ask CheckPoint programmers to test in similar environment the installation and to find solution on their side.

WORKAROUND:

Use 7-Zip application to unpack SmartConsole installer exe file to any temporary directory. Then run the installation via SmartConsole.exe in this temporary directory. This way is not impacted by McAfee scanning of the installation files.

Hope this will help others if they meet same situation.

PAT

View solution in original post

(1)
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Just to be clear, you previously had R80.20 SmartConsole installed, correct?
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

They co-exist perfectly.

I have R77.30, 80, 80.10, 80.20 and 80.30EA on Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines.

Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi Patrick,

Can you please send me the installation log (C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\CPInstlog\SmartConsole_R80.30.elg) so that we can further investigate the issue?

Thanks and best wishes

Tal

tfridman@checkpoint.com

PatrickSpousta
Participant
Hello Tal
installer log file sent to your email. Please check there.
Thank you
PatrickSpousta
Participant

Hello PhoneBoy

I still have installed R80.10 and R80.20 SmartConsole applications. The installer did not complain for that neither asked to uninstall any of these versions.

0 Kudos
Vyacheslav_Dubr
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Patrick,

The installation is aborted due to the missing temporary file. Can I have a more detailed log from C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\CPInstlog\install_fwgui_R80.30.elg? BTW, what is the system type (x86/64)?

Sincerely,

Slava

vyacheslavd@checkpoint.com

PatrickSpousta
Participant

Hello all

problem with SmartConsole installation is not limited to R80.30 only but same behavior I have also for R80.10 and R80.20.

The installation stops on machine with install McAfee antivirus with Threat Prevension enabled. Security scan of the installer file takes some time and installer itself most probably does not get access to the file "in time". I'd ask CheckPoint programmers to test in similar environment the installation and to find solution on their side.

WORKAROUND:

Use 7-Zip application to unpack SmartConsole installer exe file to any temporary directory. Then run the installation via SmartConsole.exe in this temporary directory. This way is not impacted by McAfee scanning of the installation files.

Hope this will help others if they meet same situation.

PAT

(1)
jbehem
Explorer

Just had the same issue with R77.30 SmartConsole installer.

Thanks for the workaround !

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events