cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Infinity R80.10 "Cool Feature of the Day" - Prevent installing the wrong policy

This feature is "off by default" in R80.10 and you need to enable it, however we feel like it can save you from making a huge mistake!

In this example, the gateway "smesg" has the policy Standard installed. The user attempts to install a different policy - "SimpleOpenPolicy" on that gateway. He will face with this warning message:

The "reason" message is mandatory and will appear in the audit logs.

How to enable this feature: 

Open SmartConsole.exe.config and change <add key="OverridePolicyWarningEnable" value="false"/> from false to true 

SmartConsole.exe.config is in the directory of your SmartConsole client application - usually at C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\R80.10\PROGRAM

Q: Why is this off by default??

A: This is a "beta" feature, and user experience for this scenario may change in our next releases.

3 Replies
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

It sounds nice. But why is it a GUI client setting? It only makes sense if it is a server setting. Otherwise I can just take another laptop with a brand new client and just disable the feature there and still shoot my setup to pieces.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

that's been one of the feedback points Smiley Happy thanks.

0 Kudos
Dor_Marcovitch
Advisor

currently i use on each policy which GWs it can be installed, if you dont leave it empty or have overlapping GWs on this settings you should not have a problem.

better solution from this new feature is to control the permissions and warnings on the configuration i have mentioned.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events