cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baasanjargal_Ts
Advisor
Advisor

I cannot delete gateway object

I cannot delete gateway object. Because it is used on the Objects (gatewayStaticprofilesConfiguration ->Assignment Profiles).

I don't know how to delete that object.

41.png

5 Replies
SDE_License_Acc
Participant

Hi Nickel,

Having exactly the same issue - have you managed to solve this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

that isn't complicated mate

you need to find relationships and dependencies then you'll be able to remove it

look at the hings SmartConsole giving you. It is pretty logical to some extent.

Jerry
0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

I'll be honest, I have not used Profiles, so I can't speak with any first hand experience here but I think this has to do with SmartProvisioning being used to configure the Gateway. 

Take a look at this link: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R77/CP_R77_SmartProvisioning_WebAdmin/16735.htm

Click the Menu button in SmartConsole and select SmartProvisioning. I would look around in there and see if the GW you are trying to remove has a profile attached to it. Since this functionality isn't incorporated into SmartConsole yet, it may not be obvious that something in it needs cleaning up. But my guess is what you are looking for is in there somewhere!

Good luck!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Nüüül
Advisor

Hi,

I had a similar one. Ended in opening TAC. They then did some psql magic or so and made the object then removable.

Something like that but deleting it: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Management-Topics/psql-client-cpm-postgres-fromversion-t... - BUT - DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR OWN, as @Tomer_Sole  mentioned there.. 🙂

Cheers

Daniel

0 Kudos
Nathan_Ressel
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

As mentioned above it is due to a policy that still references the old gateway.  When I ran into this issue, removing a IaaS Gateway,  I eventually found a rule that still was being installed on the old Gateway within Mobile Access.  The Mobile Access blade threw an error while I was trying to remove all blades when I first received the (gatewayStaticprofilesConfiguration ->Assignment Profiles) error.  

This occurs because under Threat Prevention there is a default Global Exception that ties these shared policies to all rules.

Global ExceptionsGlobal Exceptions

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events