cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question

How to check the access list in Check Point via CLI

How to check the access list in checkpoint through CLI like (Cisco: show access-list)

any help is much appreciated.

12 Replies

Re: How to check the access list in checkpoint through CLI like (Cisco: show access-list) any help is much appreciated.

Hi Kumar,

I don't understand the question 100%. I think you want to display the policy.

Use mgmt_cli to show the firewall policy on CLI.

Check Point - Management API reference 

Regards

Heiko

Re: How to check the access list in checkpoint through CLI like (Cisco: show access-list) any help is much appreciated.

how to grep the rules for the source and destination how we do on Cisco (Show access-list | in 192.168.1.1)

0 Kudos
Employee++
Employee++

If you are running R80.X environment, please refer to my answer below using new R80 REST API commands.

If you have R77.x and below, you'll need old CLI commands.

Robert.

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

The output of either mgmt_cli or dbedit are pretty verbose--a simple grep won't show you the rules you're looking for.

0 Kudos
Employee++
Employee++

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/index.html#cli/show-access-rulebase~v1.1%20

For Example:

mgmt_cli show access-rulebase name "my_policy Network" package "my_policy" -f json

Robert.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Most of the versions like 77.30 & 77.20, 75.40

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

If you're using R80 management, then you can use the mgmt_cli commands referred to above.

If you're using R77.30 or earlier management, then you do something like the following from the management:

[Expert@mgmt:0]# dbedit -local

Please enter a command, -h for help or -q to quit:

dbedit> print fw_policies ##YourPolicy

Note that in no case will you be able to easily obtain this information from the gateway itself, only on the management.

Re: How to check the access list in Check Point via CLI

Just for completeness sake will say it is possible (I did it on few occasions) , but will agree it gets ugly - parsing <Policy name>.pf  file from the gateway. 

0 Kudos

Yuri, I don't think the .pf is pushed to the gateway.

You can sort of read the policy in $FWDIR/state/local/FW1/local.rule but it is .... not pretty.

Yep, my bad  .pf is kept on management as well.

0 Kudos

how ofter are you doing this operation?

also this is not the right way to get all the rules that match a source address for example larger subnet / address group on the rule.

on R80.10 search hear for a packet based search on the smart console.

on R77.30... it wont be easy at all. if it is day to day operation i would suggest checking for 3rd party software like Tufin / AlgoSec / skybox

if you are not afraid of open source and this is not an operation you are doing on a day to day basics check the paloalto migration tool you can load in the config from the managment and export a cli commands which you can filter on linux / notepad++

if you are known to some scripting / xml / html you can use the web virtualization tool to get the policy and objects on those formats and run a query on those files.

hope this helped