cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis_Filipe
Participant

How can I create a new policy?

Hello guys,

Anyone can explain to me what happens with my firewall?

I cannot see the tab FIREWALL from the smartdashboard and I cannot create a new Policy, neither I have one...

New is gray, I cannot create!

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

What Check Point version are you using?

Are you logged into SmartConsole via Read-Write mode?

How is the permission profile of your admin account configured?

When was the Firewall tab visible to you for the last time? What has changed since then?

What you could try: At the CLI of your SmartCenter Server, create an admin account via cpconfig and log in with this one.

Luis_Filipe
Participant

What Check Point version are you using?   -   R77.30.

Are you logged into SmartConsole via Read-Write mode?   -   No, Write Mode.

How is the permission profile of your admin account configured?   -   Web and console administration.

When was the Firewall tab visible to you for the last time? What has changed since then?   -   Last weak, nothing change.

This checkpoint is a production firewall, and the last thing that can be changed was the license, that expired, but this is a annoying situation, because I understand that blades can stop working, but disappear, I don't understand.

I don't have any R80 installed at this time.

Thanks in advance.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

It is still unclear what happened to your system. I suggest you opening a support request with TAC to get to the bottom of this

_Val_
Admin
Admin

You do not have Network Policy section at all in your SmartDashboard, hence no option to create a policy package. It might be that you are connecting to a wrongly configured management or your permissions are not allowing you to see and work with Network Policies. 

Anyhow, more details about your environment, as Danny Jung‌ mentioned, would help to point you to the right direction

Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

alternatively you could restart your FWM process if your Management Process just hanged.

just an idea.

if that won't help - indeed log in with the main Admin account if possible and see if that helps.

Jerry
Leo_Lin1
Explorer

Hi, i think you are using the smartdashboard (same as R77.30 ) to open the R80 management server , please try it again by using the "Smartconsole R8010" , its different icon with the smartdashboard 

Thanks 

Hashmat_Khan
Explorer

Hello Team,

I have MGMT server running on R75.47 GAIA and wanted to upgrade my MGMT server. I have generated the Migrate export from an existing MGMT server using R75.47 migration toll as well as the R77.30 migration tool.

I have imported he migrate export in R75.47 (Dummy MGMT setup) as well as R77.30 (Dummy MGMT setup) In both, the situation my  Firewall TAB and NAT tab are not visible facing the exact same issue as mention in the thread.

Even though My existing MGMT server has these Firewall TAB and NAT tab visible.

Kindly share your inputs .....

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events