Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maarten_Lutterm
Contributor
Jump to solution

Group Convention in R80.X

HI,

We have a customer that is running R77.30 and is using Group convention. So group membership is done based on color and 'starts with', 'contains', 'end with'.

We want to migrate to R80.10 but if we create a group in R80.X we don't see the possibility anymore to use group convention. Does someone know how it's done in R80.X or is this done another way in R80.X?

See attached screenshot how its configured in R77.30

Please let me know!

Best Regards,

Maarten Lutterman

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not aware of any specific plans to bring this feature back.
Please bring the requirement through your local Check Point office.

Meanwhile, the only way I can suggest implementing this would be using a SmartTask triggered on Publish.
Further: you could even have the SmartTask automatically perform the task (add to group based on certain criteria).
This isn't exactly the same thing, but I suspect it could be a basis for such an effort: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Management/SmartTask-Custom-Permissions/m-p/77247#M11281 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi,

This is a limitation of R80.10. We plan to add this in our next releases. 

For the current time being, you could leverage the new API's to go through the objects periodically and add the members to group, or create your objects through a self-service portal which creates them with your naming and grouping conventions. With R80.20 (not M1... the one after that) we are adding new customization options to SmartConsole that might be able to assist you with this.

Andreas_Schlenk
Explorer

we have used this function frequently with R77.x and would very much appreciate it if it would be available in R80 again.

Regards and looking forward for upcoming releases

0 Kudos
Fire_Verse
Contributor

Group Convention is not included in:

R80.10

R80.20

R80.30 

R80.40

R81 

R81.10

R81.20

Is it safe to say this feature is not coming back?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not aware of any specific plans to bring this feature back.
Please bring the requirement through your local Check Point office.

Meanwhile, the only way I can suggest implementing this would be using a SmartTask triggered on Publish.
Further: you could even have the SmartTask automatically perform the task (add to group based on certain criteria).
This isn't exactly the same thing, but I suspect it could be a basis for such an effort: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Management/SmartTask-Custom-Permissions/m-p/77247#M11281 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events