cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Demith_Samaraw2
Contributor

Extended timeout after R80

Hi All

We have CMAs with some objects with extended timeout values of more than (86400 secs) that is allowed in GUI, pre R80 this was possible using dbedit, 

But post Check Point R80 this is not possible, dbedit is not allowed to change the value beyond 86400 seconds, because this filed has a max value,

Is there any way to extend as a work around, because most of the people with extended timeout values than 24hours in pre R80 will have this issue when they upgrade to R80+

4 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, based on your experience, did that high timeout value work for all of the services that you used it with? This was never an official supported feature of Check Point.

0 Kudos
Tal_Ben_Avraham
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Can you share examples of more than 24h timeout required? 

How many seconds were set in this field for those examples?

Thanks,

Tal

0 Kudos
Demith_Samaraw2
Contributor

Hi Tomer/Tal

This setup was on one of my customer configs, I have seen 6/8/24h timeouts in the past and this was the first time I have seen it was extended beyond 24hours, (it was a crazy value like ~60years timeout value when it was converted)

This was configured in two SQL services, I need to confirm with the customer whether it was really used, but i guess they must have done because 24hours was not enough. 

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Just to update this thread, service timeouts can now be set well beyond 86400 seconds in vanilla R81.10 via the SmartConsole GUI.  It can also be done in R80.20-R81 with a sufficient Jumbo HFA level loaded:  sk168872: Virtual session timeout for a TCP Service (86400 seconds) is not long enough for a specifi...

I tried a setting of 2,592,000 seconds (one month) under R81.10 and it accepted it, not sure what the upper boundary is but it is clearly a lot.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events