Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alvaro_sanchez
Explorer

Duplicate Objects/Rules

Good Morning, I want to ask you as experienced coworkers and admins as If you have one trick to check duplicates objets that are applied on duplicates rules probably. At work the fw database have around one thousan rules so I think that there are probably not used rules and objets and duplicates rules. I want to clean that rules so I will be very gratefuled if you could lend me a hand. Sincerely Alvaro

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I edited the subject of your post as it was quite long (and repeated in the post body).

Second, a truly duplicate rule would actually not pass policy verification.

Duplicate objects? It depends on management version:

Note that Check Point also has a paid service called SmartOptimize that can help optimize the entire policy.

0 Kudos
hboogie
Participant

I have R81.10 smartconsole and the policy verifier doesn't check for duplicates : 

After working with escalations on this ticket found that the duplicate rules has been removed from the verifier since R80.40, sk64143 has some optimization tips but beyond that, only professional services has the smart optimize  tools to accomplish what you need, Ill be closing the ticket today as this feature has moved to professional services. 

Regards,

Kevin Hoffman

Technical Support Engineer (T3)
Check Point Software Technologies

Toll Free Support Number: +1 (888) 361-5030

is there another way to check for duplicate rules in a policy ? 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

By default in R80.40 and above, Policy Verification now only warns about conflicting rules, in previous versions the verification process warned for rules configured with the same action. For more information and to adjust this, see sk161574: Policy verification does not alert about rules that hide other rules

Source: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.40/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.40_RN/Topics-RN/Software-Update...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events