Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TAEKBOM_Kim
Contributor
Jump to solution

Does CheckPoint(R80.XX) have a feature that alerts admin before a policy expires?

Hi

Does CheckPoint(R80.XX) have a feature that alerts admin before a policy(Time) expires?

캡처.JPG

Not supported??

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maik
Advisor

Depends on what you expect when mentioning an "alert". If you have expired rules it's going to be mentioned in the task details of a related policy installation.

"Recent tasks" => "Policy Installation - <policy name>" => "Details" => "Status"

e.g.

"Time object xyz in rule xyz has expired.

..."

If you expect to receive a mail or something like that I have to disappoint you. This is - currently - not possible with on-board tools. However it can be achieved via the management api and some manual work. You need to receive all rules from a given rulebase and take note of the ones that contain a time object. After that you need to check the current date and also the dates within the time object and compare them... I guess you get the idea.

Official statement here.

Regards,

Maik

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Maik
Advisor

Depends on what you expect when mentioning an "alert". If you have expired rules it's going to be mentioned in the task details of a related policy installation.

"Recent tasks" => "Policy Installation - <policy name>" => "Details" => "Status"

e.g.

"Time object xyz in rule xyz has expired.

..."

If you expect to receive a mail or something like that I have to disappoint you. This is - currently - not possible with on-board tools. However it can be achieved via the management api and some manual work. You need to receive all rules from a given rulebase and take note of the ones that contain a time object. After that you need to check the current date and also the dates within the time object and compare them... I guess you get the idea.

Official statement here.

Regards,

Maik

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events