cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Tuttle
Participant
Jump to solution

DB Revisions in R80 (with VSX objects)

Anyone know if R80 will handle DB policy revisions any different with VSX objects in the policy ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

revisions in R80 handle all objects equally. VSX included.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

revisions in R80 handle all objects equally. VSX included.

0 Kudos
Patrick_Tuttle
Participant

Thanks very much for the response.  I couldn't seem to find that anywhere in docs.

-pat

0 Kudos
Quinn_Yost
Contributor

I have had a different experience with other DataCenter objects.   In my instance when I discard session changes, newly imported DataCenter objects are not being discarded with the rest of the session.  Instead they need to be manually deleted in a followup session.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi,

Data center objects indeed behave differently here. When you import such elements, they are created in the public session. It is only the changes in the rulebase or network groups that remain as private changes in the user's session. Clicking discard will remove the references to the data center objects from rules, groups etc. but the objects will remain. So you could revert your policy changes, and the next policy installation will not be affected.

Audit logs will show the history of these changes.

0 Kudos
Martin_Peinsipp
Contributor

Hello!

Just do be sure, is it correct, that with R80.20 as a SmartCenter-System (and VSX-GWs are R77.30-Systems) I can use db-revisions again without any issues regarding the VSX-Objects/Database?

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Database revisions as they exist in R77.x have never been supported with VSX.

This doesn't change in R80.x, which does not support database revisions the same way as R77.x.

See: Dynamic revisions in R80.x SmartConsole

0 Kudos
Niv_Gafni
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Martin,

the original problem in R77.X and lower versions was that if you revert to a previous revision, it will also revert the VSX configuration, and caused a mismatch with the VSX's GW side configuration.

in R80.X, Database revision do not alter the VSX objects, so there is no risk of such a mismatch 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events