cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akeel_Sayed
Explorer

CheckPoint Solution Migration

Hi

I have a scenario whereby i will be migrating a CP solution & I wanted some views to compare on the best way to achieve this.

The new solution will have a different network design & involves introducing +-5 VSXs for better security within the environment. 

The new solution will not be integrated with the current at any given time. Once the new solution is ready it should be a matter of just moving cables across from the current to new FWs.

From what i can gather, most of the work would need to be done from scratch (vsx portions & new FW policies). I would appreciate the policies & objects to at least be migrated so that i can copy/paste to the new FW policies i will create for each vsx.  

What would be your best approach to take for this?

Current:

Smart Mgmt Appliance Running R77.30

2 x Security Gateways HA (Active/Active) R77.30

New:

Smart Mgmt Open Server - R80.20

2 x Security Gateways HA (Active/Standby) R80.20 - VSX

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Your best bet would be to migrate export/import the management database into the new management appliance, build everything as you see fit, then cut everything over when you're ready.
Akeel_Sayed
Explorer

Thanks. This does seem like the best way. Just need to do a clean up post the import but at least I'll have the objects and policies.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events