Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Basilio_Alcant1
Contributor

Business Applications Category

Based on the Pre upgrade verifier report the Business Applications category have been deprecated on R80 (sk106783), but when i try to search for these applications on R80.10 they are still being categorized under "Business Applications". how can i fix this ? it looks like that app wiki hasn't been really fully updated yet but when you do the migrate import still comes up with these findings.

See screenshots below for example the Google Maps app is still coming up under Business Applications in R 80.10

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The actual categorization for Google Maps is "Search Engines / Portals" on both R77.30 and R80.10.

It looks like the real problem is that you are using "Business Applications" as an override for some applications.

That category no longer exists in R80.10 and you'll need to pick a different category to override to.

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Pandya
Advisor

Yeah. When I see the attachment logs, it seems that you have manually Re-categorized some URLs to Business application and add rule with "Business approved sites".

You can just exclude the Google map from Business application category and check the status. 

0 Kudos
Basilio_Alcant1
Contributor

If i put the Google Maps App on the rule but not on the App group , it shows the right category (Search Engines Portals)

But if i add it to any Application Group then it shows the category as Business Applications, i don't think i m re-categorizing anything manually since these are predefined apps from checkpoint i can't change it s category.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

When I tried adding Google Maps to a brand new Applications/Sites group, I got the correct category.

What Jumbo Hotfix do you have loaded (output of installed_jumbo_take)?

I also recommend engaging with the TAC: Contact Support | Check Point Software 

0 Kudos
Basilio_Alcant1
Contributor

installed_jumbo_take
R77.30 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator take_286 is installed.

So it's definitely something with our existing manager device then , it's really weird. I'll try first upgrading to the latest take 292 and will contact Checkpoint support if the issue persists.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

FWIW I was using Take 292 when I tried this earlier.

No guarantee it will solve the problem but 292 is the current recommended take.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events