Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Griekspoo
Employee
Employee
Jump to solution

Assign layer to policy package

When I create a new layer through launch menu -> Manage Layers. The initial status of the Layer is that it is not in use and has no Policy Package.

How can I assign this Layer to a policy Package?

Or can I use the Layer Manager only for building shared layers and non shared layers should be build in the Policy Package?

-Peter

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Peter,

Only shared layers can be assigned to policy packages. So you need to enable "multiple policies can share this layer" in the editor of the layer.

In general, you should edit a layer in the context of the policy that contains it in order to avoid conflicts with the overall security configuration. Therefore all layers in the Manage Layers dialog are in read-only mode.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Peter,

Only shared layers can be assigned to policy packages. So you need to enable "multiple policies can share this layer" in the editor of the layer.

In general, you should edit a layer in the context of the policy that contains it in order to avoid conflicts with the overall security configuration. Therefore all layers in the Manage Layers dialog are in read-only mode.

Eric_Moore
Explorer

Very well explained.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events