cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niko
Participant

Refresh Categorization

Hello together,

sometimes the CheckPoint needs some time to override a wrong categorized website.

Is there any feature or command to refresh the list of overrided categorization?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mdjmcnally
Advisor

I presume by this that you mean that 

A) Determined that URL is incorrectly Categorised

B) Raised a Case with Check Point to recategorise

C) Whilst waiting then you have placed a Manual Override for the Category in your Management Server

R80.x  - New / Custom Application/Site / Override Categorization

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Has the peice for R77.x along with fill details of overall process

D) Check Point complete Recategorisation and inform you

At that point you go and remove the manual override created at Step C.   It won't remove itself as is purely manual, it isn't looking at the Check Point categorization process to see if matches.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

As part of the above process hopefully you are already familiar with the following link:

https://www.checkpoint.com/urlcat/

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Niko
Participant

I am doing this process every time we have a wrong categorization. When I override a categorie, the firewall is realising the change immediately.  But sometimes the firewall needs some hours to realise the overwritten category. 

I´m searching for a solution to refresh the categorization, so i have to wait until the firewall overrides the categorization

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

sk64280 may be relevant to your scenario but I would recommend validating this with TAC.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Niko
Participant

Thank you, that is what i was looking for. I will try it next time when the Firewall isn´t updating the URL-list.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events