Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Iron

Problem with AutoCad licencing servers

Jump to solution

Hello,

This is my first post and im not quite sure that right category.

Like you can read in subject, I have problem with AutoCad licencing servers, very often they change IPs so its complicated to add new addresses again and again. I checked logs and i see that all licencing informations come from:

something.amazonaws.com

So I added rule which looks like this:

cp_autocad.png

Is it right and if someone have better solution it will mean a lot to me!

Thank you in advance. 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admin
Admin
You would not necessarily be able to use the signature tool to create a signature for bypassing HTTPS Inspection as I believe only URL Filtering categories can be used there.
I believe you can create a simple list of hostnames as a Custom App inside SmartConsole and assign it to a specific URLF category that you exclude.
You can exclude the specific IPs instead of or in addition to, but those are likely to change.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Admin
Admin
Do the licensing servers have a specific DNS name?
In this case, you can create an FQDN Domain object of the name .license.autocad.com (or whatever the name Is).
Note this requires R80.10+ gateways.
Highlighted
Iron

Thank you for reply.

I added like this, because it checking for licence from something.amazonaws.com i guess like this is okay.

Screenshot_12.png

Does this avoid https inspection for selected domain because i'm pretty sure that is a problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Iron

Because this problem is not yet solved, I found out what caused a problem with  Autocad contact with licensing servers. I found out that HTTPS inspection keeps blocking AutoCAD contact with licensing servers, after the whole research I get Signature tool but not sure how to configure it to bypass URL filtering  for the list that you can see below:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/What-URLs-protocols-shou...

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Admin
Admin
You would not necessarily be able to use the signature tool to create a signature for bypassing HTTPS Inspection as I believe only URL Filtering categories can be used there.
I believe you can create a simple list of hostnames as a Custom App inside SmartConsole and assign it to a specific URLF category that you exclude.
You can exclude the specific IPs instead of or in addition to, but those are likely to change.

View solution in original post