cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Second MLM

Wanted to ask if anyone has experience with more than one MLM in the network. We are facing situation where gateways in Latin America struggle to deliver all logs to our MLM that's based in Europe due to latency and log volumes during peak hours. So we were thinking of having one more MLM locally in SLA to cater gateways in americas. 

Does anyone have good advise regarding licensing options and if it works as I struggled to find anything in the User Centre.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Wille010
Contributor

Only have deployed it in a High Availability setup and not as a 2nd separate MLM. For an HA setup there is a pretty good description in de admin guides for Multi-Domainsecurity management. I guess you can setup the MLM as HA and the CLM's as well for both sites. Or setup a separate SMS server only for logging. For HA you have to double the licenses I think. So for example a license for 10 domains and 50 gateways, you have to buy two of them. In the old days there were ha licenses but haven't seen them anymore.

Cheerz,

Lesley

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Thanks Lesley, we already have HA MDS, we are looking at implementing 2nd MLM Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Kaspars, Not so much on the MLM but on the MDS, we are running a set of 2 MDS servers and have our 140+ customers spread over the 3 machines, NO HA, just 1 CMA per customer on any of the 3 servers. For MLM's the same goes, you can just use the server wchich is setup as a secondary MLM server and add a CLM for a customer to it.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

awesome  - that's what i wanted to hear! how do you "spread" it across three servers? IPs, licensing etc? Bit confused Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Each MDS server has it's own license and domain blades, when you get the license together you just prepare the number of blades with each MDS license or when you still use CMA licenses you just set the IP of that CMA to the new CMA. With Domain Lics they are added to the repository and you pull them from that pool when you need them.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Awesome. Testing in my lab now. But looks promising Smiley Happy just need to buy MLM container license and move CLM licenses over to the new server

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events