Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Migration with new tools of global domain

Hi, 

I need to move a Global domain from a R80.40 MDS to another R80.40 MDS, with the old migration tols you just ran the export from the global level with a extra switch, but I could not find anything about the globl domain in sk156072. 

I know the Import will create the domain as part of the import, so I would expect this to fail as the Global domain already exists. 

Regards, Maarten
10 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I thought let me try it anyway, and I was supprised to see it worked just without any problems and imported the Global domain just fine.

Then I tried to export a domain with VSX contained within 1 domain (VSX gateway and VS's in same domain) and I got this message:
comments: "Export Domain failed: Domain BlaBla contains VSX objects. Please follow sk157552."
Then you start the search for that SK, this is the result: No Results Found.

Hmmmm.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi Maarten,

I will forward this to the relevant owners so that the correct SK is documented in the message.

Will update once I have new information.

Thanks

Tal

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Thanks Tal.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi Maarten,

Seems the correct SK is sk156072

We will update the message to use the correct SK number.

Thanks for raising the issue

Tal

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Which then in fact boils down to the fact that you cannot export a Domain that contains anything with VSX...
This is really bad that even a self contained Domain or a SMS with VSX cannot be exported/imported.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

It might be possible in the future but will require a special flag.

Forwarding this to relevant R&D Owners to comment - @Ran_Kopelman @Tomer_Belzer @Itai_Minuhin 

Tal

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Thanks Tal, that was the information I needed to see.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Ohh by the way Tal, it would help if this flag would also be mentioned in the API documentation, with the migrate-export-domain command there are only 3 options mentioned, while I know there are more.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Itai_Minuhin
Employee
Employee

Hello Maarten,

Thank you for raising this up.

We are working on documentation for the issues you have mentioned - both migration of global domain and migration of domain with VSX. 

There is a procedure to migrate of domain that contains a VSX, official documentation is missing and will be released soon.

If needed I will be glad to guide and assist to perform the procedure, lets take it offline. 

Thanks,

Itai

0 Kudos
Itai_Minuhin
Employee
Employee

Hello, 

I wanted to update that Sk167639 was published, relevant for migration of domain that manages VSX.

Sk167639 is referenced from sk156072 which is the general documentation for Domain Migration in R80.x. 

Thanks,

Itai 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events