cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CP-NDA
Collaborator

MDS - Migrate specific domain to management server

Hi,

We need to migrate one CMA from MDS server to an external Management (not MDS)

I tried migrate export in the correct mdsenv but when importing the package I always get an error

[24 Dec 12:30:56] [ExecCommandGetOutput] Going to execute command: 'bash -c "set -o pipefail; /opt/CPsuite-R80.20/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools//gzip -d -c /opt/CPsuite-R80.20/fw1/tmp/migrate//ren_db.gz | /opt/CPsuite-R80.20/fw1/bin/psql_client postgres -U postgres --set ON_ERROR_STOP=on"'
[24 Dec 12:30:56] [ExecCommandGetOutput] ERR: Command completed with error code 1
[24 Dec 12:30:56] ..<-- ExecCommandGetOutput
[24 Dec 12:30:56] [CommandRunner::exec] Command's output:
-------------------------------------
gzip: /opt/CPsuite-R80.20/fw1/tmp/migrate//ren_db.gz: No such file or directory
-------------------------------------
[24 Dec 12:30:56] [CommandRunner::exec] ERR: Command execution had failed

Anyone already completed such migation ?

Thank you

Nicolas

6 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Try this suggestion by Danny Jung:

In R77.30 a backup of each individual MDS could be created by accessing the specific upgrade_tools directory and executing ./migrate export

Example: /opt/CPmds-R77/customers/NAME_OF_CUSTOMER_DMS/CPsuite-R77/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/

This should also work in R80.10 as sk120222 describes.

The correct path with R80.10 is: /opt/CPmds-R80/customers/NAME_OF_CUSTOMER_DMS/CPsuite-R80/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/

Reference: R80 Advanced Upgrade and Database Migration

See https://community.checkpoint.com/message/8473-re-solutions-for-backuprestoring-individual-mds-domain... for the original post.

0 Kudos
CP-NDA
Collaborator

Hi Vladimir,

This is exactly what I tried but unfortunately it failed

My issue is that I will not restore the CMA to a new MDS but on a single Management in R80.20. So I downloaded the R80.20 Upgrade tools, put them on the source MDS. I then ran the R80.20 upgrade_tools in the CMA (mdsenv)

If I use the CMA Upgrade Tools from CMA path it will not be the correct version. Does it means I first need to export it in R80.10 and import the R80.10 on a single Management in R80.10 ?

Thank you for the clarification

Best regards

Nicolas

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

upgrade tools in the directory you are running them from should be of the target version.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

You cannot directly export a CMA to a SMS.

The only way to get this done is by setting up a secondary SMS, link that to the CMA and then let it sync properly and when all is done promote the SMS to primary. Now you have a standalone SMS that you can export and move the file to the other server.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
CP-NDA
Collaborator

Hi,

I confirm Solution proposed by Vladimir Yakovlev is not supported. We get this error while not using Global Policies

Import of Global Database into Smart Center is not supported

I will try the ExportImport script GitHub - CheckPointSW/ExportImportPolicyPackage: Check Point ExportImportPolicyPackage tool enables ... 

Best regards

Nicolas

0 Kudos
CP-NDA
Collaborator

Hi,

I've been able to partially restore my CMA on SMS with the script

ALl other options failed

That's quite strange to not have a build-in solution to do this

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events