cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

MDS License for R80.40

2 weeks ago I installed a MDS with R80.40 and used the 15 days evaluation to find it stopped working this morning.

So up to the Evaluation pool and get me a CPSM-MD1004-EVAL, the only available license in the Evaluate our products options for an MDS.

Installed the license and tried to attach a Domain license to the domain I created, which fails with a reference error in the object. Ok create a separate domain blade license with the IP of the domain, that can be attached.

Now when opening the domain and trying to create a new gateway this is the error I get:

MDS-Lic.JPG

So it looks like R80.40 MDS will only accept the new CPSM-NGSMxxx with a CPSB-DMN-xx blade license format??

Regards, Maarten
5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please open a TAC SR for this ASAP, thanks

0 Kudos
Peter_Lyndley
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Maarten, Did you get an answer on this one please ?

On the verge of upgrading to R80.40 MDS

thanks

Peter

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Peter,
The problem in ourt case was related to the installation trial license that was expired and the Eval MD1004 license that was installed. It needed a reboot to accept the MD1004 license.
There is still an issue with attaching domain blades but that is there it seems since R80.20 or at least R80.30 (I did not run R80.20, but got this from the guy working the case)
Attaching a DMN license to a domain just fails completely, however the domain still works ok.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
uror
Contributor

We have the same issue:-)

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Which part? Using SmartUpdate to attach MDS level DMN licenses, requires you to retry untill you see the message that the license is already attached, then it really is attached and will work.
When you started with the default 14 day license and add a MD1004 license just reboot to make sure it takes effect.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events