Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yumin_hu
Participant
Jump to solution

Is there an optimal solution for upgrading to R80.10 in large quantities?

I would like to ask the experts about the issue of batch upgrade to R80.10;

There is a set of MDS HA in my environment, which manages a total of 600 CPAP-SG-3100 products. These CP-3100s are all deployed in single-point transparent mode (except for one management interface). The current version is R77.30,need all Upgrade to R80.10.

Do the experts have any good suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
I'm currently in a similar situation, however I have about 400 gateway scattered over 120 domains.
I would suggest to skip 80.10 and go for 80.20 instead at least for management, as you will probably plan to move to other HW anyway for your MDS servers? For the gateways they also say you will get more performance with R80.20
I myself am investigating the CDT tool, this should be a lot easier for you to use, as I have a lot of open servers still in the field.
Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
I'm currently in a similar situation, however I have about 400 gateway scattered over 120 domains.
I would suggest to skip 80.10 and go for 80.20 instead at least for management, as you will probably plan to move to other HW anyway for your MDS servers? For the gateways they also say you will get more performance with R80.20
I myself am investigating the CDT tool, this should be a lot easier for you to use, as I have a lot of open servers still in the field.
Regards, Maarten
Martin_Valenta
Advisor
Definitely CDT is only way how to really upgrade/patch in large scope. It's doing all the heavy lifting for you, you just define what you want and it will do for you..

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events