Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chen_Fenghua
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

How to change the IP address of a R77.30 Multi Domain Management Server(MDS)

I have one customer who want to change the IP address of a R77.30 Multi Domain Management Server(MDS).
Here you are some configuration information.

• There are two using interfaces. One is Mgmt and another is eth0.
    Domain servers’s addresses are the same subnet with eth0.
  • mdsstat information.

I had checked the related sk74020.
Unfortunately I still have some confused for the R77.30 MDS.
From the guide steps ,we only can change the R77.30 Domains’ server ip. But now I want to only change the MDS address.

4 Replies
Chen_Fenghua
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

I want to know the steps to how to change the IP address of a R77.30 Multi Domain Management Server(MDS)

0 Kudos
Wille010
Contributor

Hi! Can try this:

Stop only the MDS (no need to stop the CMAs / Domains):

[Expert@HostName]# mdsstop -m

If not configured already, change the IP address of the MDS on the interface web interface or CLI:
Change the IP address of the MDS to the new desired IP address in $MDSDIR/conf/LeadingIP file (using Vi editor).

Backup the current $MDSDIR/conf/mdsdb/mdss.C file:

[Expert@HostName]# cp $MDSDIR/conf/mdsdb/mdss.C $MDSDIR/conf/mdsdb/mdss.C_ORIGINAL

Edit the current $MDSDIR/conf/mdsdb/mdss.C file:

[Expert@HostName]# vi $MDSDIR/conf/mdsdb/mdss.C

Find the MDS object that has the source MDS IP address and change its IP address to the new IP address (attribute called :ipaddr).

Do not change the HostName - otherwise, the MDS daemons (FWM, CPD, CPCA) will not be able to start.

Do not forget to change your license.

[Expert@HostName]# mdsstart -m

Cheerz

Lesley

Gabriel_Support
Contributor

So basically for the license, you have to update the MDS in usercenter with the new IP address and generate a new license file to apply to to the MDS.  If you change the MDS leading interface IP address, will that not affect the Domain servers and how they communicate with the MDS?

0 Kudos
Wille010
Contributor

Sorry for this late response.

If your domain servers are licensed with the old ip address of the MDS server, it will. You should apply the new ip address to the domain servers as well in a containered license.

Cheerz,

Lesley

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events