cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Global Domain Install database

I'm currently working on getting the AD authentication working on our MDS and I have been able to setup the AD LDAP account unit in our Global domain.

However the connection is not working the way it should, when I try to change anything in the account unit, I can Publish the changes but in the end I know it does not take any effect. There was a mentioning that the Install Database was automatic when you close the SmartConsole to the Global domain, however this also does not seem to work.

Example of a change was to change the access to the AD servers from plain LDAP (389) to LDAPS (636). Using tcpdump to see what was sent to the AD server revealed in before and after traces that 389 was used all the time. Not even an attempt to use 636 instead.

Anybody any Ideas?

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Going to ask a dumb question here: can you do an Install Database manually in the Global Domain?
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I wish I could, that would instantly solve issue, the problem also goes for globally installed SmartEvent servers, there I know it works by closing the Smartconsole.
However for AD configuration that just does not work.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Is there just no GUI option for it?
What about fwm dbload on the CLI?
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Indeed there is no GUI option in the Global domain. Never tried the cli command, it's worth a try.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

All I remember is that we tried to use AD LDAP account unit created in Global domain in local domains for IA but it never worked and there was a thread somewhere here about it.. can't find it anymore
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events