cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raj_Khatri
Advisor
Jump to solution

Exporting and Importing

Looking for guidance on how to properly export database from a Smart1 appliance and import onto an OpenServer for testing upgrades in a lab environment.  We are running R80.20 and after exporting the database and importing on a freshly built open server on the same jumbo hotfix, with the same exact IPs, the FWM process does not come up for MDS and CMA.

On the Smart1 appliance, we are using the Mgmt interface as the leading interface, however, on the OpenServer, eth0 is used.  I have reviewed the following SKs - sk107336, sk74020, sk43378 but they don't seem to be applicable as the leading interface IP is not changing.

Please advise.  Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi @Raj_Khatri 

Steps:

1) Create a snapshot on the Smart1 appliance.

2) Install the migrate export tools R80.20 via CPUSE (sk135172: Upgrade Tools package for upgrade from R80.20 and above) on the Smart1 appliance.

3) Export the MDS and CMA database via "migrate_server export" not "migrate export"
# $MDS_FWDIR/scripts/migrate_server export -skip_upgrade_tools_check -v R80.20 <output tgz file>

4) Install the open server as MDS, install same JHF and install the R80.20 migrate tools via CPUSE.

5) Import the database via "migrate_server import"
# $MDS_FWDIR/scripts/migrate_server import -skip_upgrade_tools_check -v R80.20 <export tgz file>

If there are problems with the interface names (Mgmt vs eth0), you can change the interface names in this file.

etc/udev/rules.d/00-OS-XX.rules

More read here: How to change interface naming on Open Servers running Gaia OS 

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE

View solution in original post

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What precise steps is you follow? Because the standard migrate export/import should NOT be hardware specific. 

0 Kudos
Raj_Khatri
Advisor

I was exporting the database from mds_setup and importing using the following script - $MDSDIR/scripts/mds_import.sh

I know I've done that in the past when exporting/importing between Smart1 appliances.

0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi @Raj_Khatri 

Steps:

1) Create a snapshot on the Smart1 appliance.

2) Install the migrate export tools R80.20 via CPUSE (sk135172: Upgrade Tools package for upgrade from R80.20 and above) on the Smart1 appliance.

3) Export the MDS and CMA database via "migrate_server export" not "migrate export"
# $MDS_FWDIR/scripts/migrate_server export -skip_upgrade_tools_check -v R80.20 <output tgz file>

4) Install the open server as MDS, install same JHF and install the R80.20 migrate tools via CPUSE.

5) Import the database via "migrate_server import"
# $MDS_FWDIR/scripts/migrate_server import -skip_upgrade_tools_check -v R80.20 <export tgz file>

If there are problems with the interface names (Mgmt vs eth0), you can change the interface names in this file.

etc/udev/rules.d/00-OS-XX.rules

More read here: How to change interface naming on Open Servers running Gaia OS 

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
Raj_Khatri
Advisor

Thanks Heiko, I will perform the migrate_server export/import which should address the issues I was facing.

Appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Raj_Khatri
Advisor

I ran the following command but it had an error and no export completed -

#$MDS_FWDIR/scripts/migrate_server export -skip_upgrade_tools_check -v R80.20 /var/tmp/08082020.tgz

The export operation will eventually stop all Check Point services (mdsstop). Do you want to continue (yes/no) [n]? y
Stopping Check Point services ...
The export operation completed with errors. Do you wish to start Check Point services (yes/no) [y]? y
Starting Check Point services ...

Any suggestions and wasn't able to find a log file created.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please open a TAC case.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events