cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajput_Arvind
Contributor

Does R80.10 support Log Server on Domain Management Server

Hi All,

We have R77.30 MDS with 10 domains on it. There is no dedicated MLM. Our Domain management servers are also acting as a Log server ( Means Firewall logs are being forwarded to Domain management server). But I checked sk117159 which says Upgrade to R80.10 is blocked due to Pre-Upgrade Verification with one of the following errors:

- LSM Profiles are not yet supported in R80.10
- Large Scale VPN (LSV) Profiles are not yet supported in R80.10
- CGNAT and NAT64 are not yet supported
- Backup Security Management Server on Domain Management Server
- Log Server on Domain Management Server
- Threat Emulation not yet supported in R80.10 on the 61000 and 41000 Security Systems
- There are gateways enabled for Global Use
- Syslog Server is temporarily not supported in R80.10

I have run Pre_Upgrade_Verifier and didn't get such warning related to Log server. So just wanted to know if we can easily upgrade it to R80.10 or it is a matter of concern.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I have about 6 domains that I had to leave on R77.30 as we have customers that have a log server on their premises that were defined in their domain. They did give me the error on these log servers. All other 102 domains have been migrated successfully last weekend to R80.30.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Rajput_Arvind
Contributor

It means we can not go to R80.10 from R77.30 if Log server is defined on Domain management server (CMA)?

However I didn't receive any error/Warning during Pre_Upgrade_verification.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Do you have a separate object in any domain in the the Check Point group of objects that is defined as Log server only? If not you're good to go, if yes then it should have given you this message, unless it is not used by any gateway as "send log to" destination.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Rajput_Arvind
Contributor

No, there is no separate object i any domain that is defined as Log server Only. CMA is acting as Log server to store firewall logs.
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

So you are good to go, this is not a blocking factor in your environment.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events