Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wei_Soon_Heng
Contributor
Contributor

Dedicated sync interface for MDS HA

Hi Peers,

Is there any method to configure dedicated sync interface for MDS HA , like gateway clusterXL? I been digging around sk and guide but all document point me to a theory that Leading Interface is the only interface to cover the works of database synchronize and management traffic.  

Thanks

4 Replies
Magnus-Holmberg
Advisor

Is there any specific reasoning for this, one of the biggest advantages of MDS HA is the possibility to have the mgmt stations on diff IP subnetwork.
i would say the most common design is to have the MDS in diff geographical locations and a dedicated sync interface isn’t really something you are looking for then.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MagnusHolmberg-NetSec
0 Kudos
Wei_Soon_Heng
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Magnus, 

I try to figure out to offload the traffic load on Mgmt Interface, coz the MDS will manage around 20 gateways in future. 
In the case of having the MDS in diff geographical locations, but still the sync traffic would flow through WAN,MPLS,etc to find secondary MDS. It is the same for the dedicated sync interface scenario.

Thanks

Wei_Soon_Heng
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Anyone can enlighten me on the workaround or any other method?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I don't think you will have issues with sync traffic on a 20 gateway MDS. The only things that will be synced between them is the changes you make in the policies.

If you are worried about logs, just let the gateway log to both MDS servers. We run MDS with 100+ gateways per server and have no issues what so ever.

Regards, Maarten

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events