cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethan_Keaton
Participant

Adding a Domain Log Server

Newbie here..

I'm building out a lab environment. I was able to get  the following MDS deployed and CMA. However, I'm trying to add a CLM at the domain level. I've read the admin guide several times. I'm missing something here.. 

The instruction read as... 

To create Domain Log Servers:

1. Connect with SmartConsole to the primary Multi-Domain Server - the MDS context.
  2. From the left navigation panel, click Multi Domain > Domains.
  3. In the Multi-Domain Log Server column, right-click the Domain Log Server cell for each Domain and click New Domain Server.
  4. Accept the default name or enter a different, unique name.
  5. Enter the IPv4 address or click Resolve IP to automatically assign the IPv4 address.
  6. Click OK.

Wait for the cell to show the new Domain Log Server.

I'm stumped at step 3. There isn't a "Multi-Domain Log Server column". I only have the options to create new: Domain, Multi-Domain Server or Multi-Domain Log Server. 

6 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi

The option to create the Multi-Domain Log Server is the one you need to select.

After you create the Multi-Domain Log Server you can create Domain Log Servers for each Domain that you defined on the Multi Domain Server.

Ethan_Keaton
Participant

Thank you for your response. 

I'm trying create the CLM at the domain level not the MDS level. However, I did what you advised.

I'm getting the following error. 

Failed to create Domain server 'LogServer'.
Cannot create a new Domain server. Reason: No container slots are available for a Domain Log Server.

Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Do you have the proper license on the Multi-Domain Log Server?

0 Kudos
Ethan_Keaton
Participant

Eval license 

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Can you please attache an image of the exact location from where you are trying to define the Domain Log Server?

If you prefer, you are welcome to send it to me directly at tfridman@checkpoint.com

Tal

0 Kudos
Lincoln_Webber
Participant

what was the solution?

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events