Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor
Jump to solution

Check Point mobile portal page; remove web application "URL connector" tool

Hi CheckMates,

After logging into the portal, there is a Web application section where you can manually enter in an address and go to it.   See attached.

A globe icon is displayed then Web

Address: 

There is a box to the right of Address where you can enter a URL then click a green Go button.   In a meeting today, other members of my team suggested I get rid of the Web and Address section if possible.  

How hard would it be to get rid of the Address: section and Go button or is that not recommended?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

I was close but needed TAC.

- The Web section's address bar can be hidden from the (new portal UI's) portal page by:

1. Backing up and editing the following file:

$CVPNDIR/htdocs/Portal/css/Main.css

1. Modifying the 'display: flex' line at the following section to:

/*-------------------- Web pane ------------------------------*/
.address-line {
        padding-left: 45px;
        display: none;
        display: -ms-flexbox;
}

1. In case of a cluster environment, repeating the above for all cluster members.
  2. Clearing the browser's cache.

Disclaimers:

• The changes are for usability purposes only, and have no effect authorization-wise: whatever MAB is configured to allow will remain allowed when the Address Bar becomes hidden.

Please let me know if that helped you solve your issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Admin note: moved into the correct space.
I assume it's a matter of editing the relevant PHP file, though I personally haven't looked into it.

Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

If anyone could point to which file(s) in $CVPNDIR/phpnics would allow me to remove the web locator box, that would be helpful and save us some time.   Searching on "Web" or "Address" is bringing up many many files.  Is there an official name for this module, like "Web Application URL connector"?

The web team also wants to inject CSS now....  

In the meantime, I'll put in a RFE to program in a radio button somewhere to hide/move the "web application URL connector" tool from the portal.

Also, in the meantime, I'm seeing an option to create an Alternative Portal for users in a specific group.   I'm going to test that out.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

I removed the address-line code on Main.css and did a cvpnrestart but the code is still there. I'll try a restart tonight.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Trying to hide the input line with CSS, are you? 🙂
It’s a clever way to do it.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

Thanks, I thought so too. 😁

Check Point was smarter though, they overwrote the Main.css file replacing it with the address-line class again.

I found a add Class UrlLinksDisabled option, but for now I'm looking into sk101060

0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

I was close but needed TAC.

- The Web section's address bar can be hidden from the (new portal UI's) portal page by:

1. Backing up and editing the following file:

$CVPNDIR/htdocs/Portal/css/Main.css

1. Modifying the 'display: flex' line at the following section to:

/*-------------------- Web pane ------------------------------*/
.address-line {
        padding-left: 45px;
        display: none;
        display: -ms-flexbox;
}

1. In case of a cluster environment, repeating the above for all cluster members.
  2. Clearing the browser's cache.

Disclaimers:

• The changes are for usability purposes only, and have no effect authorization-wise: whatever MAB is configured to allow will remain allowed when the Address Bar becomes hidden.

Please let me know if that helped you solve your issue.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events