cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_McLoughlin
Participant
Jump to solution

fwmbin_cmain: Failed to convert database

I'm attempting to comply to an audit request and have been asked to run fwm dbexport for a couple of things.  I get the fwmbin_cmain issue as described in sk115994.  I'm logging in as admin/expert to do this and still running into the issue.  The sk seems pretty self explanatory on what the fix is but obviously that's not working for me.  I did notice in Smart Console my third party vendor that co-manages our devices has the management object 'locked for editing and deletion'.  Is that the cause of my problems?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ofir_Shikolski
Employee
Employee

which version are you using ?

I'm not sure that will work with R80/R80.10 

https://community.checkpoint.com/people/tomera5b2e7f3-09aa-32f8-96c2-f0f5bfa2988b

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ofir_Shikolski
Employee
Employee

which version are you using ?

I'm not sure that will work with R80/R80.10 

https://community.checkpoint.com/people/tomera5b2e7f3-09aa-32f8-96c2-f0f5bfa2988b

0 Kudos
Rob_McLoughlin
Participant

Well that was my concern too.  I'm running R80.10 and thought maybe those commands are different now.  That wasn't the case as I ended up figuring out the solution to my problem.

Every time I ran "fwm dbexport -f users.C" or "fwm dbexport -g -f groups.C" I would corrupt my database causing the "Failed to convert database" error.  I then had to follow the steps laid out in sk112824 to rebuild the database.  It appears the reason I was corrupting my database was because I had to use ./ in front of users.C and groups.C otherwise it was putting the files in the $FWDIR/conf/ directory.  As soon as I specified an output directory the commands ran successfully and did not cause a database corruption.

EDIT:  I also opened a ticket with Check Point and they referred me to sk110519 stating that fwm export isn't supported.  I guess even though I can run the commands they just put out headers and no data.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe another way to get the same information is to use dbedit, which does work for some things under R80.10 Smiley Happy

[Expert@mgmt:0]# dbedit -local

Please enter a command, -h for help or -q to quit:

dbedit> printxml users

This will dump the user database in XML format.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events