Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostBoY
Advisor

Smartconsole connectivity to internet not working

I recently enabled all updates for one of my GW Cluster to go via Proxy.. I enabled proxy via global properties for this purpose.. Antibot and Antivir updates are working fine via proxy. In the IPS update section when i click on update via Management Server the updates work fine. However, when i click on update via SmartConsole i get a connectivity error. (Please validate smartconsole connectivity)

In the application control & URL filtering section it shows a yellow exclamation mark with message "Error occured while checking for updates check smartconsole connectivity" but when i click on Management update there the update completes.

Does Smartconsole use browser proxy settings to check for updates ? 

any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If you do curl_cli from your actual mgmt server to say updates.checkpoint.com, does it work? If yes. then mgmt connection is there 100%. Now, as far as smart console, if you ping updates site from the client itself, does it work?

Andy

0 Kudos
LostBoY
Advisor

Thanks for the reply .. curl_cli from mgmt works fine .. when you say ping updates from client ...what does client here refer to ? the jump server where smartconsole is installed ? 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You got it, thats what I was referring to.

0 Kudos
LostBoY
Advisor

the system where smartconsole is installed is currently not connected to internet.. i am assuming smartconsole use the system proxy settings and not the onses defined in global properties? 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe so, correct. Can you attach a screenshot of what you got defined? Maybe someone else can confirm 100%, but my understanding has always been that if you use custom proxy settings on the object, that supersedes global properties option, but I could be wrong, been wrong many times before ; - )

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events