cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harald_Hansen
Advisor
Advisor

SmartConsole and GUI scaling

I sometimes need to show the SmartConsole in remote meeting settings. Since I use a 4k display on 100 % scaling in my day to day work, which is entirely fine in SmartConsole, the participants in the meetings cannot see the content of what I'm displaying. Thus I need to change the scaling from 100 to 150 %, which is a waste of real estate, though my peers are able to see my screen.

The problem:

If SmartConsole is open before changes in scaling it starts to behave erratically. Some icons resize, while others don't. The hitboxes are also wrong, for instance when opening new tabs in Logs & Monitor. Often it crashes as well, requiring a new login.

Workaround:

Quit R80.40 SmartConsole Build 411 before changing the scale, login again after. 

This is a bit annoying as it adds to the steps during a busy day. Just adding someone to the conversation, for instance to do a quick demonstration, is a five minute affair in stead of a quick change back. 

Request:

Start testing SmartConsole resize/rescaling scenarios as part of your development cycle. If this is a not supported feature; Microsoft has had this feature in Windows at least since 2016 and it is part of their design guidelines.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I recommend opening a TAC case regarding this.

0 Kudos
Harald_Hansen
Advisor
Advisor

While the GUI elements are behaving badly on all resize, the crashing is not reproducible at will, and seems to depend on multiple factors (for instance how many hours I have been working in a session).

It might be a memory leak and I'll make a note about future circumstances. Mostly I wanted someone to add better scaling support to the development queue.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events