Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kb1
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Sic issue for new firewall!!!!!Helpppp!!

So i was given a new firewall to configure, will be attaching the screenshot of the issue as well, its a checkpoint 1550 appliance and for some reason there seems to be an sic issue, im able to establish trust between the firewall the management server(primary) but when i click "Test SIC Status" then it shows "Peer sent wrong DN" , what on earth is going on? I tried resetting SIC numerous times but to no avail. So because of this SIC issue im not able to "get interfaces" for the topology and cannot install policy on the firewall as well!!

Capture.PNG

The error is shown above! Help!!

This firewall is using R80.20 and the mgmt servers are using R80.20 as well.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You need to be using either R80.40 or R80.30 with JHF 107 or above.
See: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/SMB-Appliances-and-SMP/Central-management-support-for-the-1500-s...
I suspect the reason you're seeing this error is that you're using R80.20, which cannot manage 1500 series appliances.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You need to be using either R80.40 or R80.30 with JHF 107 or above.
See: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/SMB-Appliances-and-SMP/Central-management-support-for-the-1500-s...
I suspect the reason you're seeing this error is that you're using R80.20, which cannot manage 1500 series appliances.

kb1
Collaborator

oh my thats what i thought as well!! **bleep** what to do now, will have to ask them to give me a different firewall!!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Or you can upgrade the management 😁
0 Kudos
Tommy_Forrest
Advisor

Sometimes easier said than done...

0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator

That would be a tedious process lol as im pretty sure we have a bunch of 1100 series firewall lying around so it would be easier to just use those.

0 Kudos
Tommy_Forrest
Advisor

Keep in mind the 1100's go EoL in 2022.

0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator
oh ok but i think we wont be using that site for that long.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events