Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_Fink
Advisor
Advisor

Run a script more than once in Central Deployment Tool (CDT)

Hi.

Today I am preparing a small presentation for our next week inhouse-exhibition about CDT – version 1.5. During my preparations I was trying to refine a script that was executed on the gateways via execute_script. After the script was executed successful once, I was unable to run it again on the same gateway. Output tells me that execution was skipped. No hints in the documentation.

It took me some time fo find where the state of the execution was saved. The script was named install_cp-scripts.sh. The state of the script can be reset on the gateway with:

/bin/dbset installer:cdt:/var/log/install_cp-scripts.sh 0

Knowing this one could put a command into the deployment plan executing this for scripts to be run again. But I do not consider saving the state on the gateway the perfect idea for a tool designed to centrally manage gateways. In my opinion such state information has to be saved locally on the management server running the CDT. In that way you can change the state in the same place where you configure the rest of your deployment.

By all means, this has to be documented.

Another suggestion would be a possibility to define a $HOME where the CDT commands shall be executed on the gateway. Actually $HOME is /. That would not be my directory of choice.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events