Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HristoGrigorov

Reappearing log indexing message

Hi,

I am getting this message every time I switch back and forth log tabs and it does not want to go away no matter how many times I restart SmartConsole. Logging otherwise seems to work fine. Advise me what to do please?

Latest R80.20 MNGT server and SmartConsole.

16 Replies
Gaurav_Pandya
Advisor

Yeah. Recently we have upgraded server from R77.30 to R80.20 and I am also getting same error.

In our case, Logs are also not coming properly. I have checked all configuration in Log setting. It is properly configured. Do we need any additional setting in R80.20?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Sounds like both of you should open TAC cases on this.

0 Kudos
David_Brodin
Contributor

Did you ever resolve this issue? We are experiencing the same warning on a newly upgraded r80.20 (jumbo take 17) with dedicated logserver. Although everything seems normal when searching.

I did find this kb, that shed some light on why r80.20 seems so much faster in searching Smiley Happy

We'll need to think about the above kb, on what we want/need.

HristoGrigorov

Hello David,

Message still appears, but it does not bother me too much because otherwise everything else works fine. I may try applying this KB as well, thanx for the info.

0 Kudos
David_Brodin
Contributor

Sorry if I was unclear, I'm pretty sure that kb doesn't help the warning.

Else, glad I could help Smiley Happy

Dmitry_Krupnik
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Hristo,

We would like to investigate this issue. Could you open a ticket in the TAC and send me its number by email (should be available in the my profile)?

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

Hello Dima,

SR created and mail sent to you.

Thanx for your support.

Philip_Huss
Participant

Hello all,

Anyone got any solution for this issue?

Dmitry_Krupnik
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hello Philip,

Thanks to Hristo, currently the issue under investigation. I will keep you updated.

Regards, 

Dmitry.

David_Brodin
Contributor

We got our message fixed.

We have a dedicated log server, but mgmt logs its own logs to itself and the logserver. The mgmt log was not configured to index, but logserver was. After enabling indexing on mgmt, message disappeared.

HristoGrigorov

Any of you guys experiencing this issue to have two NICs configured on their SMS ?

0 Kudos
David_Brodin
Contributor

I’ve got two NICs on my mgmt, but not experiencing the issue anymore since my “fix”.

HristoGrigorov

I am almost sure problem happens on dual NIC systems. Good that it now works for you. We are still investigating it with RnD.

Philip_Huss
Participant

Hello again,

Any status?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

Today's reply from TAC:

An update concerning our joint effort with R&D:
"Due to customer logs, we could find the wrong behavior.
We already have a possible idea for solving it but it will take some time to investigate if it will work.
We will update again once we have progressed on this task."

Seems like we need a bit more time to compile a solution for this issue.
I will update you again once we have another progress report.

Steve_Macfarlan
Contributor

I had this issue after upgrading management from 80.10 to 80.20.  I discovered I had both SmartConsoles installed.  After uninstalling the 80.10 console, the warning looks to be gone for good.

ymmv

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events