cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion
Champion

R81 SmartConsole config file doesn't work

I have a problem with the SmartConsole config file and version R81.

Is this no longer supported from R81 or is this a bug?

I'll try the following:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\R81\PROGRAM\SmartConsole.exe" -p D:\SmartConsoleP.xml

And the file SmartConsoleP.xml for the SmartConsole login:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
	<RemoteLaunchParemeters xmlns:xsi="http‌‌/www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http‌‌/www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
		<Username>admin</Username>
		<ServerIP>x.y.z.w</ServerIP>
		<DomainName></DomainName>
		<ReadOnly>False</ReadOnly>
		<CloudDemoMode>False</CloudDemoMode>
		<Password>this is secret</Password>
	</RemoteLaunchParemeters>

PS:
This works without problems with version R80.10 - R80.40.

5 Replies
Dima_M
Employee
Employee

Hi Heiko,

Thanks for reporting, we're already working to fix this issue. If you would like to get a private HotFix, please submit a Service Request.

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion
Champion

Thanks

0 Kudos
randolchen
Explorer

Hi,

Same here, I just ran into this. I tried the latest version R81 (81.0.9500.549) as of today (Build 549 published 2021-02-04)  but the problem persists. Is any fix available? I just opened a SR just in case. Maybe DEVs updated something on the Syntaxis of the XML.

@HeikoAnkenbrand by the way, just in case you need it... I realized that R80.x didnt recognize the ReadOnly option (<ReadOnly>True</ReadOnly>), after a very long testing session I figure it out this (<IsReadOnly>1</IsReadOnly>) as a working workaround to connect Read Only "R80.x".

Thanks.

RChen
Arne_Boettger
Contributor

Thank you for that information. Unfortunately, our request for a private Hotfix for R80.30 was denied and we were told to monitor the release notes of SmartConsole for a fixed version.

best regards, Arne

0 Kudos
ottawacanada150
Advisor

Yes, I have the same issue as well...glad they are working on the fix.

0 Kudos