Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charles_Palmer
Contributor

Management Server High-CPU post upgrade to R80.30 from R80.10

About a month ago, I upgrade my Smart-1 410 model Management Server from R80.10 to R80.30 and installed Take 50 immediately. I did an upgrade, not a clean install. I had a few issues with high CPU and contacted support and we ended up installing Take 76 on my management server to address a high-CPU issue with Java. This seems to have corrected the high-CPU from Java issue. I still had high-CPU from postgres processes. After a few hours, those settled down and it operated normally the rest of the week. On Saturday, I had the processors spike to near-100% and stay that way until late Monday/early Tuesday and then it cleared up again. It was the postgres processes that were consuming the processor. While observing it, postgres process consume the processor for about 45 minutes out of every hour with a break of about 15 minutes. This is enough to have my Indeni monitoring put the management server into cooldown and start monitoring it again only to have it spike while in cool down and therefore Indeni stops its normal interrogation and limits it to only CPU and Memory monitoring. I have tried to address this with support and they don't have any further guidance for me thus far. This is the third weekend since my upgrade where this process has happened.

This screams of some scheduled process that is running that takes high-CPU, but I don't know what it might be. I may have just reached the end of the cycle for this week as it has been almost 20 minutes since the CPU stopped being high this time. But it generally has been 2-3 days of mostly high-CPU on my management server starting sometime on Saturday.

Thank you for any guidance or assistance in what I should check to figure out what is causing this high-CPU condition each week.

9 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)