Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Warnagiris
Advisor

MDM R80.x migration from hardware to software

Hello Checkmates.  I just went to do a customer MDM migration (test in my lab) from HW>SW on an R80.10 installation.  Normally the way I do this is whether its an upgrade or a platform shift is to build out a new MDM, recreate the users, roles, passwords etc and then I import the CMA while building out the new domain.  That option is obviously no longer available.  So I started digging.  I saw this tool ExportImportPolicyPackage   as well as this link   https://community.checkpoint.com/docs/DOC-1938

However, re-establishing SIC and recreating objects are not a good option at this time.  While the customer does not do much with the MDM/global policies, they have a lot of gateways, and downtime is difficult to get.

What is the easiest way to go from R80.10 MDM on HW to R80.10 MDM on SW.  Am I just missing something?  Do I have to backup and restore the whole MDS?  If that's thats the only way that's fine, I was just not expecting that.  Does mds_backup and mds_restore even work for HW>SW?

I'm hoping there is an easy answer and I'm just missing it so hopefully its as easy as pointing me to a link.

Thanks,
Paul

0 Kudos
2 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events