Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Logging missing from Gateway

I was trying to get external syslog sources feed into my SmartCenter database (R80.20).

My R80.20 gateway as just doing fine. But I couldn't see anything from various syslog sources.

I had it going in older versions so I was a bit puzzled.

Then I found cpsyslog stopped receiving syslog messages on port 514 and Security Management is configured to accept syslog connections. However, after reboot, Check Point's... and I started to tinker with it.

Now I have events from my syslog source but ..... there is no trace from any log from my R80.20 gateway to be found in my SmartCenter. As I made this change only yesterday I was expecting I would see the R80.20 gateway as ORIGIN at least untill I made the change. But even if I look at the last 30 days there is not a trace of the logs of my R80.20 gateway.

Has anyone seen this odd behaviour? My guess it is something odd in the SmartCenter. But I haven't been able to track it down yet. (And I haven't started a ticket yet as this is my lab.)

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
1 Reply
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events