Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evren_Buyer
Contributor

Is there a way to see recipient and sender forensic data in Content Awarness blade logs?

Hi everyone,

I've just enabled Content Awarness blade and it's a very useful blade to see what files are being transferred inbound and outbound in company e-mail system.

When I started to search and analyze the logs, I became aware that there is no forensic e-mail data like  most important sender,and recipient fields... Without sender and recipient information in an e-mail security log file it's useless, cause it's like a FW log without source and destination.

As a matter of course, I asked this feature to local CP Tukey support and they escalated my question to CP Global. The answer is below which never satisfies me:

Hello Turgut

Here you are our develepor replay for your Issue 

-You will only see sender and received when the Email is destined to the Check Point MTA.
-MTA supports TE. AV and Anti-Spam.
-Content awareness will not work with MTA and the Emails are processed in streaming mode (smtp). Therefore the logs will not show sender and receiver details

Regards,

Medhat Girgis – Technical Support Engineer

As a customer I'm willing the to have forensic e-mail security related data fields in SmartLog and also willing to have e-mail related syntax (like receipt, sender, subject etc) for Threat Emulation, Threat Extraction,Anti-Spam & E-Mail Security, Content Awareness blades and features.

Thanks

Evren Buyer

‌ threat extraction

6 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events