Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Importing migrate export from management into standalone

Hey guys,

I know this may sound like a silly question, but wondering if someone can confirm, since I did not get a chance to test it this week. Is importing migrate export from regular management to standalone config (of a newer version) supported? Of course, export was generated using updated upgrade_tools.

Logically, I dont see why it would not be, but just wanted to confitm.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I figured it out...followed below per commands given and worked fine!

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Think I spoke too fast...it looked like it imported bunch of stuff, but then it failed after a while. Cant recall now what the error was, but not even sure if this would be fully supported. So what I did was imported export from customer's R80.30 into my own mgmt lab and then Im trying to import that into R81.10 standalone lab using migrate server sk I mentioned. Anyone has idea if that would even work??

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I've just done a MDS export from R80.30 into a R81.10 Lab MDSM clean build, that did not produce any issues other then a diskspace issue which I resolve.  I used the latest R81.10 migration tools, and cpuse agent.

What errors did you get, and also check the diskspace.  I received an error first time around which did not indicate diskspace issue, but it was.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for your response. Keep in mind, this is from regular management into standalone, thats biggest difference, so not even sure if thats officially supported. I will try it shortly and update with the error I get.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Go it - I've not tried that, but I can't help thinking this would still be the same process provided its not a clean build; thing is, why would you import it into a standalone solution?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats what I thought as well, but maybe not the case : - ). The reason is because of the larger rule base.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I recall at one point yesterday I got message below:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Then I did what sk mentioned, but still failed, because when I copy upgrade tools from R81.10 standalone to regular R80.30 mgmt and try to do migrate export, it does not work, because it says tools were replaced with migrate server. Anyway, just trying now, so will give the error when I get it.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just started this at 9:04 am EST today and its been stuck there for 48 minutes and this is all I see:

Importing the Management Database

Operation started at Sat Oct 23 09:04:16 EDT 2021

==>                                                4% Importing server configuration ...

And its "spinning" like that : - ). This is trying to import a migrate server tgz file from regular R80.30 mgmt server onto R81.10 standalone box (mgmt + firewall).

I really have a gut feeling this might not even be supported, but cant find an sk saying so.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Finally got the message that migrate aborted, as nothing was performed in 2 hours...

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Please consult sk118033 - How to convert R80.x Security Management Server to Standalone:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?action=portlets.SearchResultMainAction&eve...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thank you, but we cant really do so, as it would defeat the purpose of the whole process...Im really trying to find out if doing this from regular mgmt to standalone config is supported in the first place, without making any changes to the database/registry/config.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events