cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkroupod
Employee
Employee

Implied Rules

Let's talk about implied rules, and let's focus specifically on policy installation traffic which happens over port 18191. Let's look at the following diagram that I have attached.

Once I establish SIC with NY cluster, it will create multiple implied rules, one of them will say allow traffic over port 18191 from 10.0.0.100 (my management server) to the cluster (though please confirm if the implied rules get created after establishing SIC). 

So what I want to know is this: once I establish SIC with PhilK-Center-GW, will the management server update the implied rules on the NY-Cluster, saying to allow traffic over port 18191 from 10.0.0.100 to 200.0.1.5? This can be easily confirmed by looking at the source code, but I hope there's somebody that knows this well. 

Note: the gateways have the same policy, and it does not include any rules for port 18191. I am able to install policy to all gateways, so I want to know what happens behind the scenes.

I politely ask you to be clear, descriptive and concise with your answers please.

network.PNG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events