Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carsten_Weber
Contributor

Huge CPMILinksMgr.db file filling up root partition 100% MDS/MLM

Hello folks,

I just came across the second occurrence where the database file

"/var/opt/CPmds-R77/conf/mdsdb/CPMILinksMgr.db" filled up the root partition to 100%...taking up 80GB of space (all there was to take), causing the system to react very slow or rendered it even unresponsive.

The systems being affected so far were a MDS the first time (file size of 96GB) and a MLM the second time (file size of 80GB). All of them being part of a single MDM site with 10 Domains and ~26 FW Clusters spread among them.

primary MDS:       R77.30 JHF 292, 128GB RAM, ~6TB HDD, root partition size: 128GB

one of two MLM:  R77.30 JHF 292, 256GB RAM, ~12TB HDD, root partition size: 97GB

Removing the file after stopping the MDS services, does help but is only delaying the inevitable.

The file is getting huge no matter which MGMT system I check. The other MDM systems are reporting sizes between 20 to 50+ GB in size. Not critical but far from looking healthy/good/normal.

My questions about "CPMILinksMgr.db" are:

- What does increase the size?

-- Under which circumstances does the file size increase?

-- How can the size increase be controlled?

- Why is the file not decreasing in size on its own?

-- Or under which circumstances would it shrink?

-- If so, wow could these circumstances be provoked?

- Is there a prediction possible to what size the file can or would increase? Like: Number of users connecting using the SmartDomain Manager/Dashboard multiplied by xyzGB, plus the number of domains/gateways/etc. being actively managed multiplied by xyzGB to the power of the number of database objects, etc., etc. 

All I found out so far: The file size does not relate to the distance Halley's Comet has to earth.

TIP:

Make sure you do follow the proper procedure (sk100507) of removing CPMILinksMgr.db before backing up any MGMT system. In my case 80GB of this file was taking up >4GB in compressed form. Restoring a backup would require the uncompressed amount of space of the file. Not to mention this file alone taking a long time to be processed.

Thanks in advance for your insight

Best regards

Carsten

3 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events