Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baasanjargal_Ts
Advisor
Advisor
Jump to solution

How to recovery lost admin password

Is it possible to recovery lost admin password? If yes, how to do this. 

Checkpoint management server on R80.10.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
If you have no passwords for SmartConsole/SmartDashboard, you can always get in by creating a user via cpconfig.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
We talking about the Gaia OS password or the SmartConsole admin password?
0 Kudos
Baasanjargal_Ts
Advisor
Advisor

talking about Gaia OS password,

0 Kudos
Emilio_Espinosa
Contributor

What about SmartDashBoard admin password? I do have Gais OS admin's and expert's.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
If you have no passwords for SmartConsole/SmartDashboard, you can always get in by creating a user via cpconfig.
Emilio_Espinosa
Contributor

Thanks!!

I had to delete it first according to sk56520.

Eric
Explorer

Hi Vladimir,

I tried to open the link you provided but it seems required Advance Access. Can you please help to export as pdf and attached here ?

FYI, I have a loan Checkpoint 5600 which configured by previous engineer who have left company.  We just purchase a same model of firewall and will used it to replace the loan firewall. When I tried to access last week, I was unable to login due to password incorrect. 

Appreciate your help and thank you very much.

Eric.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Sorry, we do not allow people to post the contents of SecureKnowledge articles here.
But the general gist is to change said password either by booting into single user or remotely using SIC (can be done via SmartConsole also).
sudheerkumar
Explorer

Please advise how to recover password for smart console server.

0 Kudos
rio132
Explorer

Hi Albrecht

Do you know that if R7x.xx versions can use Centos 7 LiveUSB method to do password recovery? The Emergendisk method need a same platform that have access as i understand.

Best regards

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The described procedure is for R80.x only. 

0 Kudos
rio132
Explorer

Thank you Val

How about if i lost all passwords of my PB-2O, and that is the unique checkpoint device in my hand. Is there any way to get the password back expect factory default setting?

Best regards

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Your options are to reset the password using one of the methods linked herein or reimage the appliance using an ISO on a USB drive.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events