Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olga_Kuts
Advisor
Jump to solution

How to disable cache of SmartConsole?

Hello!

At the first successful login to the SmartConsole, the administrator's name is cached in the field "Username".
How can I disable this cache?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Great question. I don't think that it's documented - yet

Local client settings are saved at %localappdata%\Check Point\SmartConsole\R80.10\UserSettings

For portable SmartConsole, this is stored inside the portable folder at the "Output" sub-folder.

This means you can delete them to clear previously entered IP addresses, last viewed page, rulebase column display settings and more.

You can also keep them between uninstall and install of SmartConsole, although this is only supported if the build of SmartConsole is the same. Build == the value that you see when entering the top-left menu --> About SmartConsole.

Importing local setting files between 2 different builds of SmartConsole is not officially supported and could cause unexpected results such as UI crashes. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Great question. I don't think that it's documented - yet

Local client settings are saved at %localappdata%\Check Point\SmartConsole\R80.10\UserSettings

For portable SmartConsole, this is stored inside the portable folder at the "Output" sub-folder.

This means you can delete them to clear previously entered IP addresses, last viewed page, rulebase column display settings and more.

You can also keep them between uninstall and install of SmartConsole, although this is only supported if the build of SmartConsole is the same. Build == the value that you see when entering the top-left menu --> About SmartConsole.

Importing local setting files between 2 different builds of SmartConsole is not officially supported and could cause unexpected results such as UI crashes. 

Olga_Kuts
Advisor

Thanks fo reply!

Did I understand you correctly, we can only delete the cache? Can I just disable caching?

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

At the moment you can't disable this operation. May I ask what is the use case for this? It only saves the last logged in username. The user still needs to enter the password every time.

0 Kudos
Olga_Kuts
Advisor

In our case this is necessary for integration with third-party software products.
And is there way to run SmartDashboard via Windows cmd with the username and password entering also through the cmd?

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

can you please elaborate on why would third-party software need to avoid seeing the cached username?

See this thread for cmd parameters:  https://community.checkpoint.com/thread/6432-command-line-arguments-to-r8010-smartconsoleexe 

Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Getting a 3rd party tool to startup SmartConsole is .... rather version depending.

If it works for R77.30 you may find it fails again after an update of the client.

I know a colleague of mine has done this through reverse enginering. But every new version he has to hack his way back in.

(Talking about job security. 😉

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Let's see if we can assist your colleague through CheckMates from now on.. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events